Top 9 recommendation vision and art livingstone
Finding the best vision and art livingstone suitable for your needs isnt easy. With hundreds of choices can distract you. Knowing whats bad and whats good can be something of a minefield. In this article, weve done the hard work for you.
Best vision and art livingstone
1. Vision and Art (Updated and Expanded Edition)
FeatureHarry N Abrams
DescriptionWith the original release of Vision and Art in 2002, Harvard professor Margaret Livingstone successfully bridged the gap between science and art, exploring how great painters fool the brain: why Mona Lisas smile seems so mysterious, or Monets Poppy Field appears to sway. In the revised and expanded edition, Livingstone presents two new chapters of her latest observations, has substantially expanded other chapters, and updates the rest of the existing text with new insights gleaned from her ongoing research, bringing the book to the cutting edge in the field of neuroscience. Accompanying Livingstones lively prose are many charts and diagrams that lucidly illustrate her points, as well as in-depth analyses of the phenomena found in major works of art. Be it the explanation of common optical illusions or the breakdown of techniques painters use to create those illusions, Vision and Art provides a wealth of information for artists, scholars, and scientists alike.
2. Vision and Art: The Biology of Seeing
In Vision and Art, Livingstone explains how great painters fool the brain: why Mona Lisas smile seems so mysterious, Monets Poppy Field appears to sway in the breeze, Mondrians Broadway Boogie Woogie blinks like the lights of Times Square, and Warhols Electric Chair pulses with current.
Drawing on history and her own cutting- edge discoveries, Livingstone offers intriguing insights, from explanations of common optical illusions, to speculations on the correlation of learning disabilities with artistic skill. By skillfully bridging the space between science and art, Vision and Art will both arm artists and designers with new techniques that they can use in their own craft, and thrill any reader with an interest in the biology of human vision.
3. Vision and Art: The Biology of Seeing by Margaret Livingstone (2008-04-01)
4. Vision and Art (Updated and Expanded Edition) by Margaret S. Livingstone (2014-03-25)
5. International Arts and Crafts by Karen Livingstone (2005-03-08)
6. Vision and Art: The Biology of Seeing by Margaret Livingstone (2002-05-07)
7. [(Vision and Art )] [Author: Margaret S. Livingstone] [Mar-2014]
8. Vision and Art byLivingstone
9. Pop Art: A Continuing History by Marco Livingstone (2000-11-01)