Top 10 piano for dummies book for 2020
If you looking for piano for dummies book then you are right place. We are searching for the best piano for dummies book on the market and analyze these products to provide you the best choice.
Best piano for dummies book
1. Piano and Keyboard All-in-One For Dummies (For Dummies Series)
DescriptionThe go-to reference for aspiring pianists and keyboard players
Piano & Keyboard All-in-One For Dummies makes it easier and more fun than ever to make music! If you don't know how to read music, this book explains in friendly, uncomplicated language all the basics of music theory, and applies it to playing the piano and keyboard. And if you've been playing for awhileor took lessons when you were a child but haven't played sinceyou can pick up some valuable tips to improve your playing, or use the book as a refresher course.
This indispensible resource combines the best of For Dummies books, including Piano For Dummies, Keyboard For Dummies, Music Theory For Dummies, and Piano Exercises For Dummies to get you up and running in no time. The handy reference helps you to master the traditional black-and-white keys and gives you an understanding of the possibilities that unfold when those black-and-whites are connected to state-of-the-art music technology.
- Discover the secrets for becoming a master on the piano and keyboard
- Improve your skills with a wealth of easy-to-apply piano exercises
- Tap into your creativity and get the lowdown on composing an original song
- Find out how to use keyboards anywhere using external speakers, amps, home stereos, computers, and tablets
Dive right in! This comprehensive book offers the most complete learning experience for aspiring pianists, keyboard enthusiasts, and students of music.
2. Piano For Dummies, Book + Online Video & Audio Instruction
DescriptionPlay the piano today with an easy-to-use instruction set!
Piano For Dummies, 3rd Edition is an invaluable resource for anyone seeking fundamental piano instruction. Whether you're brand new to the piano or have been at it awhile, Piano For Dummies will soon have you tickling the ivories like a pro! This book contains all the information you need to start playing today, including clear instruction and supplementary materials. Learn different musical styles, like classical, rock, blues, and country, and how to find the perfect teacher should you decide to expand your instruction.
With the widest tonal range of any instrument, the piano is versatile enough to produce melody and accompaniment at the same time. This standout feature is also what makes mastering the piano such a complex affair. Piano For Dummies, 3rd Edition breaks it down into simple, easy-to-follow instruction, written in the characteristically accessible Dummies style. For the beginner, the book serves as a complete introductory course. For the more advanced player, it becomes a handy reference to keep around for periodic refreshers. Topics include:
- Finding the perfect keyboard, and caring for your piano
- The intricacies of reading music, including notes, rhythm, and change-ups
- Melody, harmony, and the building blocks of sound
- The role of individual technique, and finding your own groove
The book also includes advice on practicing efficiently and improving your performance, as well as tips on how to pursue more advanced experiences. A great piano player is always the life of the party, and in high demand. If you're looking to become one with the "88," Piano For Dummies, 3rd Edition is the resource you want!
3. How To Play Keyboard: A Complete Guide for Absolute Beginners
New - from Amazon #1 best-selling music author Ben Parker !
This book is the perfect introduction to the electronic Keyboard for absolute beginners of all ages. !This great beginner's guide also provides an easy introduction to reading and playing music - so whether you have no previous musical experience OR are simply new to the keyboard, this clear and concise guide will have you playing tunes on your new keyboard in no time!
* Easy to follow instructions and illustrations
* Simple exercises to follow and practice
* Learn at your own pace
* Fun and easy songs, chords and tunes to play
* Simply follow the lessons in the book and you will be playing Keyboard in no time !
For kids under the age of 10, you may prefer Ben's 'My First Keyboard' book instead - created especially for the youngest beginner.
Check out Ben's Amazon Author page for his other best-selling kids and adult tuition books for: Guitar, Ukulele, Piano, Banjo, Recorder and Harmonica!
4. Alfred's Self-Teaching Adult Piano Course: The new, easy and fun way to teach yourself to play, Book & CD
FeatureContributors: Willard A. Palmer and Morton Manus
Page count: 192
Included is a CD containing the piano part and an engaging arrangement for each of the 65 musical examples
DescriptionContinuing the incredible popularity of Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course, this new book adapts the same friendly and informative style for adults who wish to teach themselves. With the study guide pages that have been added to introduce the music, it's almost like having a piano teacher beside you as you learn the skills needed to perform popular and familiar music. There are also five bonus pieces: At Last * Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas * Laura * Over the Rainbow * Singin' in the Rain. Included is a CD containing the piano part and an engaging arrangement for each of the 65 musical examples. 192 pages.
5. Keyboard For Dummies
DescriptionThe easy way to get keyed up on the keyboard
Where Piano For Dummies helps budding musicians to master the black-and-white musical keyboard, Keyboard For Dummies helps them understand the possibilities that unfold when those black-and-whites are connected to state-of-the-art music technology.
Keyboard For Dummies explains the ins-and-outs of modern keyboards and helps you get the most out of their capabilities. Key content coverage includes: an overview of the types of keyboards available today and how they differ from acoustic pianos; expert advice on choosing the right keyboard for your wants/needs and how to shop and compare the various models; a close look at the types of sounds an electronic keyboard offers and how to achieve them; step-by-step instruction on how to use keyboards anywhere using external speakers, amps, home stereos, computers, and tablets; guidance on how to use keyboard software and applications to get the most out of keyboard technology; and much more.
- A multimedia component for this title will be hosted at Dummies.com and includes companion audio tracks that demonstrate techniques and sounds found in the book
- Step-by-step instructions make learning keyboard easy and fun
- Introduces you to the musical possibilities of the keyboard
If you're new to the keyboard or looking to take your skills to the next level, Keyboard For Dummies is a thorough guide to the ins and outs of this popular instrument.
6. Music Theory For Dummies
FeatureMusic Theory For Dummies
DescriptionGet more out of music with this essential guide
Music Theory For Dummies makes music theory easy to understand, with a friendly, unintimidating overview of everything you need to know to become fluent at knocking out beats, reading musical scores, and learning to anticipate where a song should gowhether you're reading someone else's music or writing your own. Whether you're a music student or a music lover, you'll learn to read, write, and understand music with this informative guide. With expert instruction, you'll put it all together as you compose, arrange, and create original melodies, harmonies, and chords of your own, with helpful tips for performing your pieces in front of an audience. This new third edition presents the most current teaching techniques, the newest music genres and examples, and updated information on all aspects of understanding, creating, and performing music.
Studies have shown that music training improves children's' verbal and spatial abilities, and it's been associated with cognitive and mathematical benefits in adults. The music job market is expected to increase over the coming years, and music theory is becoming an increasingly common part of education at all levels. Music Theory For Dummies provides the instruction you need to get more out of music than you ever thought possible.
- Master major and minor scales, intervals, pitches, and clefs
- Understand basic notation, time signals, tempo, dynamics, and navigation
- Employ melodies, chords, progressions, and phrases to form music
- Compose harmonies and accompanying melodies for voice and instruments
Whether you intend to pursue a degree or career in music, or just enjoy listening to it, understanding the theory behind it gives you a whole new appreciation for the artistry and craftsmanship behind the pieces that give you goose bumps. It's a mix of technical skill, inborn talent, and plenty of practice and now you can try your hand at it, with Music Theory For Dummies.
7. Piano Book for Adult Beginners: Teach Yourself How to Play Famous Piano Songs, Read Music, Theory & Technique (Book & Streaming Video Lessons)
DescriptionThis book and streaming video course is all that you will ever need for getting started playing the most famous and cherished piano classics!
Piano Professor, Damon Ferrante guides you through how to play the piano with step-by-step lessons for beginners and 20 streaming video lessons.
This easy-to-follow method, used by thousands of piano students and teachers, is designed to be interactive, engaging and fun.
No music reading is required! Learn great piano songs!
The lessons will greatly expand your repertoire of beloved piano songs and improve your piano technique, creativity, and understanding of music. Whether you are teaching yourself piano or learning with a music instructor, this book and streaming video course will take your piano playing to a whole new level!
Ask yourself this:
1. Have you always wanted to learn how to play famous piano pieces, but did not know where to start?
2. Did you start piano lessons once and give up because the lessons were too difficult?
3. Are you struggling to follow online piano lessons that seem to jump all over the place without any sense of direction or consistency?
4. Would you like to expand your musical understanding and learn how to play the piano through an affordable, step-by-step book and video course?
If your answer to any of the these questions is yes, then this beginner piano book and video course is definitely for you!
The following great music is covered in this book and streaming video course:
* Fr Elise by Beethoven
* The Entertainer by Scott Joplin
* Amazing Grace
* Pachelbel's Canon
* House of the Rising Sun
* Scarborough Fair
* Turkish Rondo by Mozart
* Happy Birthday
* Danny Boy
* Jingle Bells
* J.S. Bach's Prelude in C Major
* Home on the Range
* This Little Light of Mine
* Hall of the Mountain King by Grieg
* Take Me Out to the Ballgame
* Red River Valley
* Silent Night
* New World Symphony Theme
* When the Saints Go Marching In
* Aura Lee
* Brahms' Famous Lullaby
* Simple Gifts
* And Many More Great Songs and Pieces!
8. Easy Piano Songs for Dummies: The Fun and Easy Way to Start Playing Your Favorite Songs Today!
Description(Easy Piano Songbook). Want to learn to play easy popular hits? Then this is the book for you! It's an easy-to-use resource for the casual hobbyist or working musician. It includes 40 easy piano arrangements with guitar chords and lyrics plus performance notes for each song detailing the wheres, whats, and hows all in plain English! Songs include: Back to December * California Girls * Candle in the Wind * Defying Gravity * Fever * God Only Knows * Hey, Soul Sister * If I Were a Carpenter * Layla * Leaving on a Jet Plane * Let It Be * Moon River * Rolling in the Deep * Silly Love Songs * Twist and Shout * You Don't Know Me * and more.
9. Piano For Dummies
FeatureUsed Book in Good Condition
DescriptionAt first glance, a piano may seem like an intimidating instrument that would be very difficult to learn how to play, but despite what your seventh-grade piano teacher may say, playing piano isn't brain surgery. It just takes time, practice, and patience.
Piano For Dummies starts at the very beginning and walks you through everything you need to know to turn that oversized hunk of furniture into an instrument that can make beautiful music. If you don't know how to read music, this book explains in friendly, uncomplicated language all the basics of music theory and applying it to playing the piano. And if you've been playing piano for a while or took piano lessons when you were a child but haven't played since you can pick up some valuable tips to improve your playing or use the book as a refresher course.
Here are some of the topics you'll find in Piano For Dummies:
- Buying a piano: Acoustic versus electronic
- How a piano works, and how to care for one
- Left- and right-hand piano techniques
- Examining keys, scales, melodies, harmonies, and chords
- Plenty of musical examples to play
- The history of piano musical styles
- Advice for piano teachers
- A Top Ten list of pianists you should know about
Piano For Dummies also includes a glossary and a free CD, which includes audio of all of the examples in the book so that you can play along.
So if you've always wanted to learn to play piano, but you don't have the time to take piano lessons, you can pick up the basics in Piano For Dummies; you'll be tickling the ivories with ease in no time!
10. Piano Exercises For Dummies
DescriptionThe ideal hands-on reference for piano students who want to strengthen their skills and refine their technique--and the perfect companion and next step to the bestselling Piano For Dummies.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.