Top 10 best ieee press series: Which is the best one in 2020?
When you want to find ieee press series, you may need to consider between many choices. Finding the best ieee press series is not an easy task. In this post, we create a very short list about top 10 the best ieee press series for you. You can check detail product features, product specifications and also our voting for each product. Let’s start with following top 10 ieee press series:
Best ieee press series
1. CMOS Circuit Design, Layout, and Simulation, 3rd Edition (IEEE Press Series on Microelectronic Systems)
DescriptionThe Third Edition of CMOS Circuit Design, Layout, and Simulation continues to cover the practical design of both analog and digital integrated circuits, offering a vital, contemporary view of a wide range of analog/digital circuit blocks including: phase-locked-loops, delta-sigma sensing circuits, voltage/current references, op-amps, the design of data converters, and much more. Regardless of one's integrated circuit (IC) design skill level, this book allows readers to experience both the theory behind, and the hands-on implementation of, complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) IC design via detailed derivations, discussions, and hundreds of design, layout, and simulation examples.
2. Electromagnetic Wave Propagation, Radiation, and Scattering: From Fundamentals to Applications (IEEE Press Series on Electromagnetic Wave Theory)
One of the most methodical treatments of electromagnetic wave propagation, radiation, and scatteringincluding new applications and ideas
Presented in two parts, this book takes an analytical approach on the subject and emphasizes new ideas and applications used today. Part one covers fundamentals of electromagnetic wave propagation, radiation, and scattering. It provides ample end-of-chapter problems and offers a 90-page solution manual to help readers check and comprehend their work. The second part of the book explores up-to-date applications of electromagnetic wavesincluding radiometry, geophysical remote sensing and imaging, and biomedical and signal processing applications.
Written by a world renowned authority in the field of electromagnetic research, this new edition of Electromagnetic Wave Propagation, Radiation, and Scattering: From Fundamentals to Applications presents detailed applications with useful appendices, including mathematical formulas, Airy function, Abels equation, Hilbert transform, and Riemann surfaces. The book also features newly revised material that focuses on the following topics:
- Statistical wave theorieswhich have been extensively applied to topics such as geophysical remote sensing, bio-electromagnetics, bio-optics, and bio-ultrasound imaging
- Integration of several distinct yet related disciplines, such as statistical wave theories, communications, signal processing, and time reversal imaging
- New phenomena of multiple scattering, such as coherent scattering and memory effects
- Multiphysics applications that combine theories for different physical phenomena, such as seismic coda waves, stochastic wave theory, heat diffusion, and temperature rise in biological and other media
- Metamaterials and solitons in optical fibers, nonlinear phenomena, and porous media
Primarily a textbook for graduate courses in electrical engineering, Electromagnetic Wave Propagation, Radiation, and Scattering is also ideal for graduate students in bioengineering, geophysics, ocean engineering, and geophysical remote sensing. The book is also a useful reference for engineers and scientists working in fields such as geophysical remote sensing, biomedical engineering in optics and ultrasound, and new materials and integration with signal processing.
3. Introduction to Tissue Engineering: Applications and Challenges (IEEE Press Series on Biomedical Engineering)
A comprehensive reference and teaching aid on tissue engineeringcovering everything from the basics of regenerative medicine to more advanced and forward thinking topics such as the artificial liver, bladder, and trachea
Regenerative medicine/tissue engineering is the process of replacing or regenerating human cells, tissues, or organs to restore or establish normal function. It is an incredibly progressive field of medicine that may, in the near future, help with the shortage of life-saving organs available through donation for transplantation.
Introduction to Tissue Engineering: Applications and Challenges makes tissue engineering more accessible to undergraduate and graduate students alike. It provides a systematic and logical eight-step process for tissue fabrication. Specific chapters have been dedicated to provide in-depth principles for many of the supporting and enabling technologies during the tissue fabrication process and include biomaterial development and synthesis, bioreactor design, and tissue vascularization. The tissue fabrication process is further illustrated with specific examples for liver, bladder, and trachea. Section-coverage includes an overall introduction of tissue engineering; enabling and supporting technologies; clinical applications; and case studies and future challenges.
Introduction to Tissue Engineering:
- Presents medical applications of stem cells in tissue engineering
- Deals with the effects of chemical stimulation (growth factors and hormones)
- Covers current disease pathologies and treatment options (pacemakers, prosthesis)
- Explains bioengineering, design and fabrication, and critical challenges during tissue fabrication
- Offers PowerPoint slides for instructors
- Features case studies and a section on future directions and challenges
As pioneering individuals look ahead to the possibility of generating entire organ systems, students may turn to this text for a comprehensive understanding and preparation for the future of regenerative medicine.
4. Electric Power System Basics for the Nonelectrical Professional (IEEE Press Series on Power Engineering)
The second edition of Steven W. Blumes bestseller provides a comprehensive treatment of power technology for the non-electrical engineer working in the electric power industry
This book aims to give non-electrical professionals a fundamental understanding of large interconnected electrical power systems, better known as the Power Grid, with regard to terminology, electrical concepts, design considerations, construction practices, industry standards, control room operations for both normal and emergency conditions, maintenance, consumption, telecommunications and safety. The text begins with an overview of the terminology and basic electrical concepts commonly used in the industry then it examines the generation, transmission and distribution of power. Other topics discussed include energy management, conservation of electrical energy, consumption characteristics and regulatory aspects to help readers understand modern electric power systems. This second edition features:
- New sections on renewable energy, regulatory changes, new measures to improve system reliability, and smart technologies used in the power grid system
- Updated practical examples, photographs, drawing, and illustrations to help the reader gain a better understanding of the material
- Optional supplementary reading sections within most chapters to elaborate on certain concepts by providing additional detail or background
Electric Power System Basics for the Nonelectrical Professional, Second Edition, gives business professionals in the industry and entry-level engineers a strong introduction to power technology in non-technical terms.Steve W. Blume is Founder of Applied Professional Training, Inc., APT Global, LLC, APT College, LLC and APT Corporate Training Services, LLC, USA. Steve is a registered professional engineer and certified NERC Reliability Coordinator with a Master's degree in Electrical Engineering specializing in power and a Bachelor's degree specializing in Telecommunications. He has more than 25 years experience teaching electric power system basics to non-electrical professionals. Steve's engineering and operations experience includes generation, transmission, distribution, and electrical safety. He is an active senior member in IEEE and has published two books in power systems through IEEE and Wiley.
5. Electrical Insulation for Rotating Machines: Design, Evaluation, Aging, Testing, and Repair (IEEE Press Series on Power Engineering)
A fully expanded new edition documenting the significant improvements that have been made to the tests and monitors of electrical insulation systems
Electrical Insulation for Rotating Machines: Design, Evaluation, Aging, Testing, and Repair, Second Edition covers all aspects in the design, deterioration, testing, and repair of the electrical insulation used in motors and generators of all ratings greater than fractional horsepower size. It discusses both rotor and stator windings; gives a historical overview of machine insulation design; and describes the materials and manufacturing methods of the rotor and stator winding insulation systems in current use (while covering systems made over fifty years ago). It covers how to select the insulation systems for use in new machines, and explains over thirty different rotor and stator winding failure processes, including the methods to repair, or least slow down, each process. Finally, it reviews the theoretical basis, practical application, and interpretation of forty different tests and monitors that are used to assess winding insulation condition, thereby helping machine users avoid unnecessary machine failures and reduce maintenance costs.
Electrical Insulation for Rotating Machines:
- Documents the large array of machine electrical failure mechanisms, repair methods, and test techniques that are currently available
- Educates owners of machines as well as repair shops on the different failure processes and shows them how to fix or otherwise ameliorate them
- Offers chapters on testing, monitoring, and maintenance strategies that assist in educating machine users and repair shops on the tests needed for specific situations and how to minimize motor and generator maintenance costs
- Captures the state of both the present and past art in rotating machine insulation system design and manufacture, which helps designers learn from the knowledge acquired by previous generations
An ideal read for researchers, developers, and manufacturers of electrical insulating materials for machines, Electrical Insulation for Rotating Machines will also benefit designers of motors and generators who must select and apply electrical insulation in machines.
6. Industrial Power Distribution (IEEE Press Series on Power Engineering)
DescriptionThis new edition of Industrial Power Distribution addresses key areas of electric power distribution from an end-user perspective, which will serve industry professionals and students develop the necessary skills for the power engineering field.
- Expanded treatment of one-line diagrams, the per-unit system, complex power, transformer connections, and motor applications
- New topics in this edition include lighting systems and arc flash hazard
- Concept of AC Power is developed step by step from the basic definition of power
- Fourier analysis is described in a graphical sense
- End-of-chapter exercises
If you are an instructor and adopted this book for your course, please email [email protected] to get access to the instructor files for this book.
7. Understanding Delta-Sigma Data Converters (IEEE Press Series on Microelectronic Systems)
This new edition introduces operation and design techniques for Sigma-Delta converters in physical and conceptual terms, and includes chapters which explore developments in the field over the last decade
- Includes information on MASH architectures, digital-to-analog converter (DAC) mismatch and mismatch shaping
- Investigates new topics including continuous-time analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) principles and designs, circuit design for both continuous-time and discrete-time ADCs, decimation and interpolation filters, and incremental ADCs
- Provides emphasis on practical design issues for industry professionals
8. Digital Control of High-Frequency Switched-Mode Power Converters (IEEE Press Series on Power Engineering)
DescriptionThis book is focused on the fundamental aspects of analysis, modeling and design of digital control loops around high-frequency switched-mode power converters in a systematic and rigorous manner
- Comprehensive treatment of digital control theory for power converters
- Verilog and VHDL sample codes are provided
- Enables readers to successfully analyze, model, design, and implement voltage, current, or multi-loop digital feedback loops around switched-mode power converters
- Practical examples are used throughout the book to illustrate applications of the techniques developed
- Matlab examples are also provided
9. Handbook of Large Turbo-Generator Operation and Maintenance (IEEE Press Series on Power Engineering)
The comprehensive guide for large turbo-generator operation and maintenance
The Handbook of Large Turbo-Generator Operation and Maintenance is an expanded 3rd edition of the authors second edition of the same book. This updated revision covers additional topics on generators and provides more depth on existing topics. It is the ultimate resource for operators and inspectors of large utility and industrial generating facilities who deal with multiple units of disparate size, origin, and vintage. The book is also an excellent learning tool for students, consulting and design engineers. It offers the complete scope of information regarding operation and maintenance of all types of turbine-driven generators found in the world.
Based on the authors' ver eighty combined years of generating station and design work experience, the information presented in the book is designed to inform the reader about actual machine operational problems and failure modes that occur in generating stations and other types of facilities. Readers will find very detailed coverage of:
- Design and construction of generators and auxiliary systems
- Generator operation and control, including interaction with the grid
- Monitoring, diagnostics, and protection of turbo-generators
- Inspection practices for the stator, rotor, and auxiliary systems
- Maintenance testing, including electrical and non-destructive examination
- Ideas on maintenance strategies and life cycle management
- Additional topics on uprating of generators and long term storage are also included
The Handbook of Large Turbo-Generator Operation and Maintenance comes packed with photos and graphs, commonly used inspection forms, and extensive references for each topic. It is an indispensable reference for anyone involved in the design, construction, operation, protection, maintenance, and troubleshooting of large generators in generating stations and industrial power facilities.
10. Engineering Information Security: The Application of Systems Engineering Concepts to Achieve Information Assurance (IEEE Press Series on Information and Communication Networks Security)
DescriptionEngineering Information Security covers all aspects of information security using a systematic engineering approach and focuses on the viewpoint of how to control access to information.
- Includes a discussion about protecting storage of private keys, SCADA, Cloud, Sensor, and Ad Hoc networks
- Covers internal operations security processes of monitors, review exceptions, and plan remediation
- Over 15 new sections
- Instructor resources such as lecture slides, assignments, quizzes, and a set of questions organized as a final exam